[XF] => 2020170
            [XFI] => 1040070
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. S

ARM, A Knowledge Foundry, World Peace

I do not think your argument is right. I am a pacifist as are many scientists. If there is another WWII scenario, physicists will have no problem quickly building world class foundaries. For example, if engineering without physicists such as WIlliam Schockley had developed transistors, there...
  2. S

Why I think Samsung invested in IonQ QC company for the interconnect technology

Samsung Venture Fund has just invested in a quantum computer (QC) start up in Maryland called IonQ. Here is one story: https://onedigiclick.com/2019/10/23/ionq-to-receive-investments-from-samsung-and-mubadala-capital/ IonQ is interesting because its QCs are large and use well understood...
  3. S

Why I think ARM servers will always be slow

My thinking on this was triggered by an interesting discussion on Slashdot speculating on how the Chinese icensed from AMD X86 processor will work. I do not understand the ARM processor in detail. Although I did spend some time thinking about porting CVC Verilog simulator to generate ARM...
  4. S

On 50th Anniversary of Shockley Semiconductor question on 7nm problems.

I studied physics as a Stanford undergraduate back in the late 1960s. I knew William Shockley from taking his Freshman seminar. I noticed various recent commemorations of the founding of Shockley Semiconductor. I knew a different Shockley than the current mythology and think the book "Broken...
  5. S

Even if Quantum Computers can be Built, they will not be Fast

John von Neumann in the 1950s already considered abstract models of computers in designing the von Neumann architecture that is used to build modern computers. The problem is that although Turing Machines are universal, they are slow because they lack random access and bit accessing...
  6. S

AI and chess - Does anyone know about US champion Caruanna's new opening

This appeared in today's Financial Times Chess column: "The US champion and world No. 2 unleashed a brilliant opening novelty, which incendently showed the limitations of the most powerful computers." Does anyone know anything more about this? I do not understand chess, just enough to sort of...
  7. S

Why AI is pseudo science hype - shown by Cancer detecting chip PR

There is interesting PR from IBM research press release on new chip to detect cancer. Claim is that chips using bio-assay can detect cancer. Here is a URL for one story: IBM Lab on Chip Detects Cancer | EE Times Area is interesting because there is a very complex bio-marker test for...
  8. S

EE Times story labeling everything solid state as quantum is questionable

It is the slow holiday season so I thought I would comment on a recent EE Times story and a recent EDA Cafe story. The first is about an MIT claim of making an advance in Quantum magnetism. The claim should be labeled an advance in "solid state electrodynamics" because discovery is of a new...
  9. S

Simulation Needs for Edge Related X propagation problems

This is to amplify Andrew's answer to the X propagation discussion and explains why we think only simulation can find gate level X's handled incorrectly by normal Verilog semantics especially X propagation problems that involve edges...