[XF] => 2011072
            [XFI] => 1030270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. C

What about Samsung?

There was a a report from South Korea that Samsung will be selling parts (and design services and backend services) to Google & Cisco. (hard to the know the extent -- I'd guess limited engagement from each to start) Samsung is also doing business with Qualcomm, Nvidia, IBM. So Samsung...
  2. C

What about Samsung?

I read that as they are counting revenues for chip sales from Samsung Foundry to Samsung VLSI. (that makes sense to me) I did not read it as counting Samsung VLSI revenue as part of Samsung Foundry revenue.
  3. C

TSMC Files Complaints Against GlobalFoundries in U.S., Germany and Singapore for Infringement of 25 Patents!

I'm still confused by GF's strategy. Obviously they knew this would happen -- and potential impact to them is greater than to TSMC. (plus annoying potential customers who were also sued along the way)
  4. C

TSMC’s Leading-Edge Fab Investments Set Stage for Sale Surge in 2H19

The pace at which TSMC’s customers adopt leading-edge process technologies has quickened, as well. Interesting comment given how many in the industry are suggesting that technology node adoption rate will slow down. (e.g.,. GF after stopping 7nm development) I haven't seen any analysis...
  5. C

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Files Patent Infringement Lawsuits

Interesting -- but does TSMC want all those fabs ?
  6. C

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Files Patent Infringement Lawsuits

Also, GF's 14nm technology is licensed from Samsung.
  7. C

ARM Suspends Business With Huawei Just As EE Removes Huawei Phones From 5G launch

I think a long-term impact is this will harden the Chinese political position that suppliers should be from China as much as possible. (even if this gets resolved shortly) . Everyone already knew this was the Chinese position -- that will only be accelerated. In future, China IC industry...
  8. C

Marvell to Acquire Avera Semi (GF ASIC)

I think we all saw this coming. I'm wondering what GF will do with all of the cash generated by the recent asset sales? Break even ?