[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. Daniel Nenni

Gelsinger Opens Up, as Intel Reportedly Expands Orders to TSMC

I was at that event and I do not remember it that way. I do not recall the author of this article being there either but there were quite a few of us. Is this going to affect Nvidia's already strained chip supply? No, not at all.
  2. Daniel Nenni

Intel Foundry Direct Connect Keynote (Replay)

Definitely shortened! Seriously shortened! What is Intel hiding? My favorite part is missing. What keeps you up at night Pat asked. I sleep well Sam answered. 😂 I would say it was a 10 minute interview reduced to 2:39? It is also cut out of the video on the Intel website...
  3. Daniel Nenni

Bezos, Nvidia Join OpenAI in Funding Humanoid Robot Startup

Robots have emerged as a critical new frontier for the AI industry, letting it apply cutting-edge technology to real-world tasks. Source: Figure AI Inc. Figure AI also gets investments from Intel, Samsung and Amazon. Company, valued at roughly $2 billion, is raising $675 million. Jeff Bezos...
  4. Daniel Nenni

They are called chiplets. I refuse to call them tiles! 😂 I do not know anything about specific products and I do not track internal Intel product names so I wouldn't know a Lunar Lake if it hit me in the face. I was told a while back that Intel would make all CPU chiplets and use TSMC for...
  5. Daniel Nenni

It's funny that it said Intel would take TSMC capacity from others including AMD. Not even close. Intel did a prepay for N3 capacity and TSMC built it accordingly. My guess is that Intel will not use all of the wafers they paid TSMC for since business has not been all that great and N3 yield is...
  6. Daniel Nenni

NVIDIA Corp (NVDA) Shatters Records with Q4 and Fiscal 2024 Earnings

Everybody was talking about NVDA at the conferences this week. The popular consensus amongst media is that NVDA is capacity limited so they will move packaging and chiplet production to companies other than TSMC. I have not heard that inside the ecosystem. NVDA has second sourced for a long...
  7. Daniel Nenni

Lets just say Pat and Sam do not have the same sense of humor. In regards to AI safety Pat asked Sam "What keeps you up at night?" Sam replied that he sleeps fine. :ROFLMAO: Sam also denied the raising $7T thing, Pat asked twice. Personally I think TSMC sets the standard for foundry events...
  8. Daniel Nenni

Hopefully they will post the Pat and Sam Altman interview. It was entertaining! Pat G did a Q&A with analysts and someone busted him on the 5N4Y thing. He asked Pat to define a node. Pat said if it has a double digit performance (15%) it is a new node. In reality Intel 4 and 3 are half nodes...
  9. Daniel Nenni

NVIDIA Corp (NVDA) Shatters Records with Q4 and Fiscal 2024 Earnings

Quarterly Revenue: Reached a record $22.1 billion, a 22% increase from Q3 and a 265% surge from the previous year. Data Center Revenue: Achieved a record $18.4 billion for the quarter, marking a 27% rise from Q3 and a staggering 409% year-over-year growth. Annual Financials: Full-year revenue...
  10. Daniel Nenni

Analog Devices Strengthens Capacity and Resiliency Through Expanded Partnership with TSMC

Special arrangement through JASM secures ADI's long-term chip supply and focuses on 40nm and finer process technology nodes WILMINGTON, Mass., Feb. 22, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Analog Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADI) announced today that the company has made a special arrangement with TSMC, the world's...
  11. Daniel Nenni

Financial Reports of Six Major Foundries Reveal Semiconductor Industry Recovery Status

The latest financial reports for 4Q23 from six leading global semiconductor foundries signal optimism for the semiconductor industry’s recovery in 2024. In 2023, the semiconductor sector underwent significant adjustments. As the industry worked towards normalizing its inventory levels amidst...
  12. Daniel Nenni

Intel signs Microsoft as foundry customer, says on track to overtake TSMC

Also Sam Altman denied saying he was going to raise $7T to make AI chips. He said do not believe everything you read, especially if it is AI generated. :ROFLMAO:
  13. Daniel Nenni

Intel signs Microsoft as foundry customer, says on track to overtake TSMC

I was at the conference. The CEO of Microsoft did say via video call that they would "try one design on Intel 18A". I feel other companies will do the same, try a design on Intel 18A to see how well it performs. Intel did say they they feel 18A with backside power delivery will be ahead of TSMC...
  14. Daniel Nenni

2024 ISSCC Plenary Session: Semiconductor Industry: Present & Future by TSMC SVP Kevin Zhang

Here are the other ones: 1.1 - Semiconductor Industry: Present & Future (Kevin Zhang): https://youtu.be/D9cBvoBFGuk 1.2 - Racing Down the Slopes of Moore’s Law (Bram Nauta): https://youtu.be/THJP_HB5HEk 1.3 - Computing in the Era of Generative AI (Jonah Alben): https://youtu.be/JXb1n0OrdeI 1.4...
  15. Daniel Nenni

Intel Delays its Ohio fabs

Should be UMC.
  16. Daniel Nenni

Samsung Austin Semiconductor announces 2023 economic impact of $26.8B into Central Texas

Report highlights economic impact nearly doubled from 2022 and showcases $4M in corporate giving Feb 20, 2024 Samsung Austin Semiconductor's Austin campus. AUSTIN, Texas--Feb. 20, 2024--Samsung Austin Semiconductor, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today released its 2023...
  17. Daniel Nenni

Intel Delays its Ohio fabs

The big question that most people who follow chip giant Intel have is, why? Why has the company chosen to make the huge strategic pivot and investment to not only make chips for itself—as it has always done—but open up their factories to manufacture chips for other companies. It’s a...
  18. Daniel Nenni

2024 ISSCC Plenary Session: Semiconductor Industry: Present & Future by TSMC SVP Kevin Zhang

Wow, that was fast. Are the other plenary talks up as well? It is storming out here. I'm surprised so many people made it out. ISSCC for the first time has vendor exhibits so the end is near 😂.
  19. Daniel Nenni

Sam Altman wants Washington's backing for his $7 trillion AI chip venture

Seriously, I cannot imagine anyone raising trillions of dollars for anything.
  20. Daniel Nenni

Tower shutting down one Israeli chip factory, pegs hopes on Indian market

Did they already spend the $353M cancelation fee from Intel?
Back