[XF] => 2020970
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. Daniel Nenni

Broadcom is buying VMware

Clearly, Hoc Tan does not want to be in the chip business. I think it is a winning strategy for Hock Tan but not for the Broadcom chip business. He could just as easily be consolidating semiconductor companies?
  2. Daniel Nenni

Average Age of Vehicles in the US Increases to 12.2 years, according to S&P Global Mobility

The average age of light vehicles in the US reached an all-time high in 2022 as the vehicle fleet climbed to 283M passenger cars and light trucks. Average Age by Vehicle Type, Source: S&P Global Mobility May 23, 2022 07:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time SOUTHFIELD, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The...
  3. Daniel Nenni

Synopsys and Analog Devices Collaborate to Accelerate Power System Design

Comprehensive and Efficient Power Management Modeling for Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Applications MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., May 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) and Analog Devices, Inc. today announced their collaboration to provide model libraries for DC/DC ICs...
  4. Daniel Nenni

Shanghai Ship Blockade

This looks to be from an AIS system, most boats have them and they do give an exaggerated view. It is for collision avoidance and identification. Here is a pic of my AIS yesterday. Looks like a massive pileup.
  5. Daniel Nenni

TSMC Phoenix Arizona Fab Site Plan

That is what TSMC calls a GigaFab. Hopefully TSMC will discuss this at their Technical Symposium next month. If not I will ask.
  6. Daniel Nenni

TSMC 4nm vs Samsung 4nm

The Apple A9 was designed to Samsung 14nm and ported over to TSMC 16nm. Not the same as designing to TSMC 16nm directly. I'm wondering if QCOM ported the design over versus natively designing it? Maybe that explains the performance and power issues. I will check into it.
  7. Daniel Nenni

TSMC 4nm vs Samsung 4nm

True, the NOT TSMC strategy works until you get a technical advantage. AMD rode the NOT Intel bus for many years until they got the upper hand. I think Intel Foundry is bad news for Samsung in the NOT TSMC business. IDM Foundry vs IDM Foundry is a much more even fight and I give the edge to...
  8. Daniel Nenni

Intel 4 goes back to copper metallization

Tom Dillinger will be attending this conference and blogging about it. There are some great papers and it is live again in Hawaii. Rough assignment!
  9. Daniel Nenni

Silicon Catalyst welcomes Flex Logix as an In-Kind Partner

Silicon Valley, California - May 20, 2022 - Silicon Catalyst, the world’s only incubator focused exclusively on accelerating semiconductor solutions, is pleased to announce that Flex Logix® has joined as the newest member of its In-Kind Partner program (IKP). Portfolio companies in the Silicon...
  10. Daniel Nenni

Renesas RA Family MCUs Achieve CAVP Certification for Comprehensive Suite of Cryptographic Algorithms

RA Family of 32-bit Arm Cortex-M Microcontrollers Offers Ultimate IoT Security with Renesas’s Secure Crypto Engine (SCE) and Arm TrustZone (Graphic: Business Wire) May 19, 2022 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier...
  11. Daniel Nenni

Cadence Digital Full Flow Achieves Certification for GlobalFoundries® 12LP/12LP+ Process Platforms

Highlights: Certification enables customers to advance the design of aerospace, hyperscale computing, AI, mobile and consumer applications using Cadence and GF® technologies Cadence digital full flow optimized for the GF 12LP/LP+ process platforms enables mutual customers to reach PPA goals...
  12. Daniel Nenni

Envision the Future and Take on the Power of Computing with GIGABYTE at COMPUTEX 2022

Envision the Future and Take on the Power of Computing with GIGABYTE at COMPUTEX 2022 May 19, 2022 10:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time TAIPEI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GIGABYTE, a world leader in computer technology, will be presenting “Power of Computing” as its theme of the year, and exhibiting its...
  13. Daniel Nenni

Media Alert: Atomera to Present at IEEE ISPSD 2022 Conference

May 19, 2022 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time --(BUSINESS WIRE)--Atomera Incorporated (Nasdaq: ATOM): WHO:]Yi-Ann Chen et al. of Atomera Incorporated (Nasdaq: ATOM), a semiconductor materials and technology licensing company [/TD] WHAT:Both in-person and virtual presentation of Atomera’s poster...
  14. Daniel Nenni

Taiwan Excellence’s “Smart Tech, Smart Clothing” Webinar Highlights Innovations from Taiwan for the Outdoor Industry

Taiwan Excellence’s “Smart Tech, Smart Clothing” Webinar Highlights Innovations from Taiwan for the Outdoor Industry May 26th virtual event offers buyers first look at smart wearables for outdoor sports and fitness Tune into Taiwan Excellence’s “Smart Tech, Smart Clothing: Innovations from...
  15. Daniel Nenni

SolarEdge and Huawei Sign Global Patent License Agreement, Settle Litigation

May 19, 2022 05:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time MILPITAS, Calif. & HERZLIYA, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SolarEdge Technologies, Inc. (“SolarEdge”) (NASDAQ: SEDG), a global leader in smart energy, and Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., have agreed on a global patent license agreement between the two...
  16. Daniel Nenni

VeriSilicon’s Chip Design Process Obtains ISO 26262 Automotive Functional Safety Management System Certification

To provide design services for chips that cater to different levels of automotive safety integrity, strengthening VeriSilicon's competitive advantages in automotive electronics May 19, 2022 09:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time SHANGHAI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--VeriSilicon (688521.SH), a leading Silicon...
  17. Daniel Nenni

Wafer Shortage Improvement In Sight For 300mm, But Not 200mm

Sorry, I thought you had asked how many fabs there were a while back.
  18. Daniel Nenni

TSMC is considering to build a fab in Singapore

Right next to Globalfoundries? I wonder if TSMC is building fabs to drain the talent pool? Working for TSMC is great for the resume.
  19. Daniel Nenni

TSMC 1.4nm

From Gartner: $50k for wafers at 1.4nm. Mask sets likely > $100M. Does that jibe with your numbers Scott?