[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2020771
            [XFI] => 1050170
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Search results

1. S

Entering an IC industry with $100k-$200k business... Is it real?

You can that already do now with the MPW services provided by most foundries and services like Europractice (https://www.europractice-ic.com). You should be able to get a chip on a MPW for $30K-$40K in not so old nodes. This does not include cost for the EDA software, your man hours for...
  2. S

Starting a fab company

I think this also mostly covered by the MPW (multi-project wafer) offered by a lot of the regular foundries (including TSMC).
  3. S

Starting a fab company

This teaches how to design chips, not the processing of the chips itself. It's like following driver lessons with the goal of starting a car manufacturing company.
  4. S

Starting a fab company

Problem is that in that space there is a lot of competition and the existing fabs are all written off. So you will need to compete with your fab that you still need to write off. The reduction of the shortage will need to come from expansion of existing fabs.
  5. S

Morris Chang - China is 5 years behind. TSMC's real competitor is South Korea

I think main point is that it is too hierarchically structured and not enough initiative left at the lower level.
  6. S

Intel newest Rocket Lake CPUs performance issues

It's true Intel has a process problem. From the other side there is a difference between the products that are reviewed by the youtubers and what most people buy. Most people don't spend the money for a flag ship CPU. And the 11600K is reported to be competitive with similar spec'ed AMD Ryzen chips.
  7. S

Wave Computing and MIPS Emerge from Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

So Wave Computing will be renamed MIPS, but the ISA will be switched from MIPS to RISC-V. Now that is logical!
  8. S

Latency, Power, Value Shift, Bitcoin Fails

Main difference between you and me seems to be the trust in these people. It's those proclaimed experts that lead us to the 2008 financial crisis. Only in Iceland a few small fish were sentenced but for the rest no illegal things happened according to the judicial systems. In health crisis year...
  9. S

Latency, Power, Value Shift, Bitcoin Fails

The source code of the network that is there for all to see and find hacks in it. Cryptocurrencies are based on proven cryptography algorithms, if these would get broken also the conventional international payment networks will have big problems as they are based on same cryptographic algorithms.
  10. S

TSMC has the largest market share in the global semiconductor manufacturing industry

I am doing a 0.18µm TSMC MPW now and these are regularly sold out. I think you should change statement to that not many new high-volume designs are on mature nodes; and if you look at revenue it is the high volume designs that count.
  11. S

Save Arm - Arm is being sold to Nvidia - Help Stop it!

Big difference between Linux and RISC-V is that RISC-V does not have a Linus Torvalds. The originators of RISC-V are tied up in SiFive who are heavily competing with the other RISC-V players. I do hope RISC-V will dominate the CPU landscape as Linux did for UNIX but the current constellation is...
  12. S

SiFive Announces OpenFive, an Industry-Leading Custom Silicon Business Unit

Anyone who can clarify what the 'Open' in OpenFive stands for ? I get 'OpenUNIX (tm)' flashbacks.
  13. S

Soitec announces POI substrates business agreement with Qualcomm Technologies for 5G RF filters

Oh, were are the times, when I was almost thrown of this site when claiming "ST's FDSOI devices were not the best thing since sliced bread"... ;)
  14. S

European Processor Initiative (EPI) - thoughts on EU establishing HPC chip design industry?

My opinion is also that this program will just fill the pockets of some people and companies without having any noticeable impact on the hierarchy of the microelectronics industry.
  15. S

Along came a trojan? GDSII vs Silicon check

I think they are now part of TechInsights providing their Circuit Analysis service. I also think it will cost you a figure with 5 or 6 digits. Personally I have been thinking about timing behavior of the ATPG test; e.g. increase the clock frequency of the testing and see if it starts to fail...
  16. S

why EUV instead of 157 immersion?

Actually 157nm non-immersion lithography was already killed by 193nm immersion because of the engineering problems for 157nm. Also I don't think you will find any liquid with right properties to be used as immersion fluid (viscosity, needed purity, etc) and be transparent enough for 157nm light.
  17. S

Intel vs AMD Keynotes at CES!

Some youtube references on how far ahead AMD is in the server space; typically Intel territory:
  18. S

Pentagon Working with TSMC?

That ROW then does not include Russia or big part of Africa and another four years of Trump will not help America to keep it's allies. Sure, Russia in not the economic and military power it used to be and Africa has nothing worth mentioning in that regard. But China is here for the long run with...