[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by usersegment

1. U

When did engineers realize scaling below 90nm wasn't like prior scaling? (i.e. Dennard scaling ending)

One of the themes of Bob's talk from 2004 was that 'you can't make up for the lack of an underlying exponential'. He argued that the industry had been chasing clock speed (time to solution) at the expense of complexity on every other dimension so vigorously that something was going to...
  2. U

When did engineers realize scaling below 90nm wasn't like prior scaling? (i.e. Dennard scaling ending)

From what I've seen some sharp individuals saw it coming in the year 2000, so likely with the 0.18u generation. Specifically I will point to a presentation given by Bob (Robert) Colwell at Stanford in February of 2004 when intel was still pushing hard on the 'netburst' architecture that they...
  3. U

An Ask - Help me reconcile the consistent message "PC Gaming is Growing" vs. Long term decline in desktop GPU production

Hi there, I registered to post this after reading your question, but sadly Daniel beat me to the punch. The only part I can really add now is that your first two data points in years 2007 and 2010 are important as 2010 was the year that intel first started selling their integrated APUs (CPU...
Back