[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by U235

1. U

John Doerr, AI to replace shrink

That's an excellent paper. Very interesting. I've been very surprised by this coming-back-from-the-dead AI has achieved.
  2. U

What is the current status and outlook of FinFETs/GaaFETs on FD-SOI?

I don't think so. By the time you get to nanosheet GAA, you have gates completely surrounding the active channels. I don't see much advantage to having GAAFET fabricated on SOI wafers, or fully-depleted SOI wafers. (FinFET on SOI was looked at a few years back. But the industry is going...
  3. U

Silicon-28 nanowires article

Interesting. Yes, I would guess centrifuge enrichment of SiH3, or SiF4.
  4. U

Could this be characterized as a transistor?

Hi Rob In reference to the above: "I imagine you don't normally want a transistor to have its own voltage potential compared to ground, which is why the materials are called "semi"-conductors." This is incorrect. "We have Carbon, which is a Group IV element, so in silicon that would make it...
  5. U

Could this be characterized as a transistor?

One thing I would say -- and it might help is: If you take a PNP transistor, and measure the open circuit voltage (with a voltmeter) between any and every contact you will see: 0V. (same as with a PN-junction diode) If you connect the terminals of a PNP transistor together -- either shorted or...
  6. U

Question about IGBTs, and power electronics manufacturing

Some are on 300 mm lines by now. "Development of 8-inch Key Processes for Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor" https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095809916300133
  7. U

Is there a process node for advanced packaging?

I believe so. It'll refer to something like: "advanced fan-out packaging with fine-pitch 2-/2μm line/spacing"
  8. U

Jay Last, One of the Rebels Who Founded Silicon Valley, Dies at 92

Very interesting. But, "Digital Physics" is something quite different, isn't it? More: "It from Bit".
  9. U

Will TSM Totally Dominate MEMS?

I took it Arthur was referring to the overall MEMS business. It's worth a reminder that the fabless model has not caught on significantly in this area. The biggest volume products are from IDMs: Bosch, ST.
  10. U

New Apple iPhones (meh)

Gaming, Augmented Reality, -- anything making use of the the high resolution spatial positioning and tracking
  11. U

Along came a trojan? GDSII vs Silicon check

I believe Chipworks have a circuit reverse engineering flow: from chip to circuit schematic. The process goes something like: Delayering, SEM imaging, Stitching/ aligning, Annotation, Extraction, = schematic/ netlist...
  12. U

Is Intel 10nm really denser than TSMC 7nm?

Intel used to get a density boost on their own chips made in their own fabs due to restrictive design rules and (some) full custom layout. Is a processor all standard cells now, other than cache & memory?
Back