[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by TICin852

1. T

Most upcoming Arrow Lake CPUs will leverage TSMC nodes for compute, Intel 20A only for Core i5 and lower: Leak

I'm curious as to how the replacement will be implemented. Do you have a link to the patent?
  2. T

Samsung Electronics changes the process name of ‘2nd generation 3-nano’ to ‘2-nano’

He never actually argued for being the No. 1 foundry. He only said they'd lead in PPA, which is their metric for technology leadership - and said they would lead there in 2025. He never argued for revenue leadership - Intel's goal for being the No. 2 foundry by 2030 remains unchanged. Ian's...
  3. T

Intel signs Microsoft as foundry customer, says on track to overtake TSMC

Going off of this article: https://chipsandcheese.com/2024/01/11/previewing-meteor-lake-at-ces/ I'd say Meteor Lake is much more of a die shrink of raptor lake and a move towards a disaggregated architecture. One thing to remember is that Intel has been running 10nm for arguably 4/5 generations...
  4. T

Qualcomm claims its new chips are 21% faster than Apple’s M3

I'm curious: Can't Qualcomm just use old IP to make an X86-64 CPU because X86-64 came out over 20 years ago? I understand that there are newer X86 instructions like AVX512 that would not be able to be used, but could they theoretically make a CPU based on X86 and have it competitive in today's...
  5. T

TSMC Q3 2023 Results are Good!

Absolutely - we will see how fast the follow on is for Intel 3 releases after Meteor Lake - seeing this jump from Intel 4 to 3 would arguably tell us about how long it would take Intel to jump from Intel 20A to 18A. I do think that the tiles method allows for potentially faster launches, but it...
  6. T

Aren't AMD's resources being stretched too thin?

I'm curious to know which universities have MSEEs that are actually competent.
  7. T

How Real is America’s Chipmaking Renaissance?

Building the fab shell is half the cost of the fab? Once again, Wall Street at its finest.
  8. T

How Taiwan became the indispensable economy

I would say from a prestige point of view today, maybe SpaceX?
  9. T

TSMC to charge more for U.S. made chips?

shouldn't they just get mad at the automotive industry for being so short-sighted and cancelling their orders for, say, 25 wafers? The whole way that the just-in-time manufacturing supply chain works means it is vulnerable to shortages and if key components are delayed the whole thing won't...
  10. T

Looking for stats going back to the 60s

Could you provide the graphics you are putting together? I'd love to see them but won't be at ASMC.
  11. T

Intel beats earning estimate, but down

As you mentioned, @ta152h you have positions in Intel. I'd recommend taking a step back and just analyzing why your view may be overly optimistic and what you could have gotten wrong. The fact is that people tend to justify and defend their past decisions more than they objectively evaluate...
  12. T

China slows reviews of mergers involving US companies - WSJ

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/china-slows-reviews-mergers-involving-us-companies-wsj-2023-04-04/ What deal/pound of flesh do you think that Chinese regulators would extract out of companies like Intel to approve their mergers? Do you think these companies would be able/willing to offer...
  13. T

Semiconductor Manufacturing in Vietnam vs Taiwan

I talked to a friend who lives in Hanoi recently. He got dragged along to live there by his family. He told me that he (to put it nicely) does not like living there because Vietnam (even in Hanoi) is still very much a developing country. Although he notes Ho Chi Minh city is better in general...
  14. T

Singapore offers substantial subsidies to entice TSMC to build 12-inch fab locally

Yes costs in US are so much higher, we have so many laws in place to gimp our robots which is why the ones made in china perform better.
  15. T

Intel Meteor Lake delayed to the end of 2023

There is a SiFive board on Intel 4, supposedly to launch this summer using Horse Creek. Might be out earlier than MTL.
Back