[XF] => 2020672
            [XFI] => 1050070
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by Saicharan1919

1. S

TSM the Most Important Company in the World, It's also the Ecosystem

@Arthur Hanson - No wonder it stood as the central point in the whole ecosystem. The origins are also pretty great. The founders saw the need for establishing a company that purely manufactures chips in the beginning. That's how the pure foundry play came into the picture. This was the best move...
  2. S

A future view of the Semiconductor Industry

I have been thinking to create a mindmap for a long time for the semiconductor industry. I know that the industry is getting divided into diff verticals like IoT, 5G, Datacenter, AI etc. It was more like the company which is manufacturing all kinds of chips is now focusing on a specific...
  3. S

Podcast Summary: EP13 - The Three Pillars of Verification with Adnan Hamid

This is the summary of the recent podcast "EP13: The Three Pillars of Verification with Adnan Hamid". Topic: Three important fundamentals of Verification Guest: Adnan Hamid, founder and CEO of Breker Verification Systems. Host: Daniel Nenni, Semiwiki Adnan mentioned three things that affect...
  4. S

Discussion: Our chips can never achieve the true computing power of a brain by having same specs like it.

True...The brain is not a computer, but we are just wondering and taking steps towards studying how it is able to perform using low energy. That's the reason we are now focusing on other materials which allow us to reach such computational power by consuming low energy.
  5. S

Discussion: Our chips can never achieve the true computing power of a brain by having same specs like it.

@f4rewell1 Yes, AI will create the best brain... But to run that best brain, we need the best hardware resources. And that is what I am talking about. What we are discussing is the point that we can never achieve brain-like hardware with high computation power and low power consumption. If you...
  6. S

Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger brings back Sanjay Natarajan

Thanks, @hist78. So, now it's exciting to know why Intel is not having their centres in Taiwan.
  7. S

How many people are back at Intel exactly?

I know that along with the CEO, Sanjay Natarajan, former Intel Senior Fellow Glenn Hinton are brought back to the base. I am just curious to know the people who came back and what is their come-back significance.
  8. S

Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger brings back Sanjay Natarajan

Can the reason for not having its presence in Taiwan be political? China's biggest advantage from the US is the foundry, right?
  9. S

Intel should stay an IDM

I find these advantages with Intel regarding their foundry model. 1. I heard that Intel's past foundry model was not successful because of its customers (it was so picky it seems). But now, it joined hands with Microsoft and IBM which clearly shows the seriousness in their foundry business. 2...
  10. S

Intel to try to become a foundry again?

1. I heard that Intel's past foundry model was not successful because of its customers (it was so picky it seems). But now, it joined hands with Microsoft and IBM which clearly shows the seriousness in their foundry business. 2. The reason behind Intel taking a bold step with their foundry...
  11. S

Thank you for showing interest @jaiyam. When I was researching, I also came across memristors.. But again as you told me, the processing is the bottleneck with our commercial fabs. Also, as specified by @Fred Chen, in-memory computation and near-memory computation are getting under the spotlight...
  12. S

Thanks, Fred Chen. I was actually looking for the same thing.. But don't you think that achieving the brain-like computation with the same low power, is not possible until we dig deep into the material properties... Like we use the same silicon to build these spiking NN based hardware right?
  13. S

I always have the concept of building an exact brain-like hardware, in my mind. By which I mean, computer architectures inspired by Brain. The other thing which inspired me and pushed me to think in this direction is that the brain has large computation power but consumes small amounts of...
  14. S

How many analog IC designers are there in the world?

So, this question is making me curious to ask another question. What is the job in the semiconductor industry which has the least count in the world? (I mean which has high demand)