[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by rchang94

1. R

ASML 2023 Earnings Call Discussion

It came into effect this year but Peter quantified the impact with last year’s number.
  2. R

ASML 2023 Earnings Call Discussion

Does anyone have a rough idea of how many duv tools are needed in mature nodes (28nm, 90nm, etc.) Doing some calculation, 30% of ASML 2023 revenue is from China roughly 8bn. US export control banned 10-15% advanced immersion tools which is around 1bn. So China ordered roughly 7bn dry DUV tools...
  3. R

Trump accuses Taiwan of taking away America's semiconductor business

There was a lot of protective policies in the US during the 80s limiting Japanese semi industry development. It’s interesting that the arguments are always the same.
  4. R

Trump accuses Taiwan of taking away America's semiconductor business

Was reading Chip Wars last night and wonder if Taiwan might be the new Japan...
  5. R

Apple’s A17 and M3 yield is only 55%

Thank you so much for the additional context
  6. R

Apple’s A17 and M3 yield is only 55%

Hi Dan, I'm curious to understand how Apple or other fabless players can help drive yield at foundry. Is it through design changes or does fabless have proprietary process methodology?
  7. R

Lithography in a quantum world

I've heard high-NA in the range of 300-350m. Just sounds like a crazy expensive tools which based on reading a lot of your posts have some pretty significant flaws. However ASML CTO in interviews seems very confident on its adoption in HVM. I'm wondering if I'm missing something here or could...
  8. R

Thank you. I was thinking about the roadmap challenges shown in the paper with LER and LWR at below N2 and etch might be an alternative way to solve this vs. relying just on resist development. Also I wonder what your thoughts are on the pricing of EUV tools given he mentioned it towards the end...
  9. R

Thank you for sharing! Do you think tools like Sculpta would be the key in addressing the challenges with LER?
  10. R

Semis now Competing with People

I think risk will be on the low value labor. Short-term probably more divided society but long-term frees up people's time to do other things. On aggregate basis should help human as a specie advance to next level. Obviously the counter argument would be AI leads to our extinction.
  11. R

Semis now Competing with People

But if you know many people working in those plants does it contradict "no people".
  12. R

ASML reportedly sees first big EUV equipment order cut from TSMC

40% cut seems excessive, if true might this actually mean an alternative to EUV in HVM?
  13. R

Feds Bailing out Chinese Companies

It is not rewarding failure of system as the equity holders and bond holders of the bank are wiped out. If anything its the law's fault for not stress testing regional banks on interest rate raises. Depositor sit at the top of the pecking order during asset fire sale and most likely will get...
  14. R

AMAT cuts EUV costs

Sorry for my lack of technical knowledge but what do you mean by cutting?
  15. R

AMAT cuts EUV costs

I would love to understand the implications that this could have on fabs demand for EUV. The presentation seems to only show use case for oval patterns, so curious how many EUV layers for N3 will this be technology be relevant for.
Back