You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Recent content by Randy Smith

1. R

New Apple iPhones (meh)

I like the hundreds of power domains feature. That was exactly where Sonics Energy Processing Unit (EPU) was headed, but the public may not see that now that they are part of Facebook.
  2. R

VLSI Design Methodology Development Webinar Replay and Follow up Q&A!

Tom, great job of covering such a large field of technology. I guess it gets more blurry all the time where system design ends and VLSI design starts. Maybe these did not show up in the overview, but I was wonder if you cover these topics in the text: High-level synthesis (HLS), HW/SW co-design...
  3. R

Inside Samsung's $116bn plan to overtake chip rivals

I wonder how much trust by competitors was an issue for Intel Foundry customers? I think IP vendors got past it, but I am not sure if companies in the mobile electronics market really did. Am I forgetting something? Seems to me TSMC has done best at avoiding litigation. But not all legal issues...
  4. R

AI Plays Poker, Design Chips?

So I researched this a bit more and found out that one of the limitations of the game played with the AI was that all stack sizes had to be equal. They did not teach the AI how to adapt to changing stack depths. As a poker player, this is a huge issue. This AI could not compete in a normal...