[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by mhagmann

1. M

New SEMI standard addressing needs at 7nm and beyond

Objectives of our new SEMI standard working group: 1. Determine best practice with the present tools: Our members at GlobalFoundries, Micron Technology, IMEC, NIST, Rudolph Technologies, and others, will establish a practice standard within six months because now there are no standards for...
  2. M

New SEMI standard addressing needs at 7nm and beyond

Last week, at SEMICON-West, a new SEMI standard working group was formed to address the needs for improved metrology at and below the 7-nm technology node. We recognize that there are many needs at these nodes but hypothesize that the one which is most easily addressed is improved metrology to...
  3. M

Request for list of methods of carrier profiling to establish a new SEMI standard

A new SEMI standard is being created to define how to measure the carrier density in semiconductors at the new technology nodes (especially 7-nm and lower). We are aware of Scanning Spreading Resistance Microscopy (SSRM) and Scanning Capacitance Microscopy (SCM) which are frequently used but we...
  4. M

Urgent request for volunteers or nominations to a new SEMI standards committee

Two weeks ago, at a meeting of the SEMI International Standards Committee, I was asked to form a committee to define a standard for the carrier profiling of semiconductor devices at and below the 7-nm node. The international and national roadmaps do not specify the methods,or limits for the...
  5. M

Mechanism for sub-nm resolution carrier profiling by SFCM--Suggested below 32-nm node

How does Scanning Frequency Comb Microscopy (SFCM) measure the sample-resistivity for carrier profiling? We have previously mentioned this new method for carrier profiling, but would like to clarify its mechanism. For further information, including a patent applications published by the...
  6. M

New Linkedin group set up for discussion of new method for sub-nm carrier profiling

Dietrich von Diemar set up a new group on LinkedIn "Scanning Frequency Comb Spectroscopy and Microscopy" for discussion of the new method which I have alluded to previously here in the Open Forum on SemiWiki.com. I invite those who are interested in the need for true sub-nm carrier profiling...
  7. M

Are chips at the 7-nm and lower nodes required for 5G or the new i phones?

I am familiar with some of the technology in manufacturing at the 7-nm technology node, but I would appreciate your comments regarding the suggested necessity for some applications. I have seen instruction "books" describing how to use everything in the new Apple i phones, but please tell me if...
  8. M

Free download: LabVIEW VI for sub-nm carrier profiling of semiconductors

One year ago, we posted a VI simulating the full operation of an STM (www.newpathresearch.com). Then we implemented this software to complete and optimize a working STM. Now we posted a second VI simulating the full operation of a new instrument for Scanning Frequency Comb Microscopy (SFCM) and...
  9. M

New paper on semiconductor metrology with sub-nm resolution

Please go to "https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5047440" or the website "https://aip.scitation.org" to see "Scanning frequency comb microscopy--A new method in scanning probe microscopy", AIP Advances, volume 8, issue 12, Paper 125203 (December 2018). This is the first publication following our...
  10. M

Need MoS2 with different dopant levels?or other semiconductor suitable for STM in air

I must make Scanning tunneling microscopy measurements in air with a semiconductor having different dopant levels. MoS2 is easy to work with using the "scotch-tape cleavage procedure" as you would with HOPG for scanning tunneling microscopy in air. Also, do you know of a supplier for any other...
  11. M

Recent paper on alternatives to the 7-nm node, and possibility of a simpler means.

A recent paper described new methods for obtaining greater performance without going to the challenging 7-nm node [1]. However, improved metrology at the 7-nm and finer nodes may be a quicker and more efficient approach. Carrier profiling is required to test the nano-scale operation of a device...
  12. M

Need standards and better apparatus for dopant and carrier profiling at 7-nm node

STANDARDS: The 1997 NTRS roadmap did not mention carrier profiling but suggested that the resolution for dopant profiling be 1.4 % of the node dimension. Now, at the 7-nm node, 1.4% = 0.1 nm. Subsequent national and international roadmaps do not refer to the resolution in either carrier or...
  13. M

New method in Scanning Probe Microscopy--higher stability and finer resolution

Finer resolution with greater stability is possible using unique low-power (aW), low-noise (20 dB S/N), microwave harmonics generated within a nanoscale tip-sample junction for feedback control in place of the DC tunneling current. Please see the attached poster to be presented at the Microscopy...
  14. M

Post-Deadline poster,Microscopy&Microanalysis,Aug.5-9, Baltimore,MD-Carrier Profiling

Post-Deadline poster,Microscopy&Microanalysis,Aug.5-9, Baltimore,MD-Carrier Profiling "Scanning Frequency Comb Microscopy--A new method of Scanning Probe Microscopy", a post-deadline poster at M&M-2018: Microscopy & Microanalysis, a conference Aug. 5-9, 2018, Baltimore, MD. My group is...
  15. M

Who will win the 10,000,000 USPTO "lottery"?

Our last patent, issued on March 27th was US 9,927,461 and I just received a letter of allowance for another patent so I have a chance. The USPTO expects to issue the 10 millionth utility patent this summer. USPTO: "This milestone of human ingenuity perhaps exceeds even the Founding Fathers'...
Back