[XF] => 2020970
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by JohnnyFox

1. J

Government should invest in TSM, not Intel

I don't know, Xi Jingping will likely invade Taiwan within the next ten years. Having the eggs in the TSMC basket if that situation plays out will not be good for USA or the EU, even if their are fabs in AZ. Process & cost wise TSMC would be the one to bet on, though the risk from the CCP is...
  2. J

Intel to double its manufacturing space in Ireland and expand workforce by 1,600

I don't think so, for two reasons. I think he alluded to that in the BBC interview, he mentioned mentioned that Intel want to be a part of Europe's plan to be a part of the 20% supply of global semiconductors by 2030. Intel would need a base in the EU to avail of all those grants, UK is out of...
  3. J

Intel to double its manufacturing space in Ireland and expand workforce by 1,600

That fab is outside my window. Construction has been underway for well over a year, its will be ready for us to tool it up soon. Its interesting that Pat noted in the BBC that an unknown another country in Europe may get a foundry investment later in the year.
  4. J

ARM Suspends Business With Huawei Just As EE Removes Huawei Phones From 5G launch

The next few months will be very interesting, the only thing on the news in China is this trade war, it seems that's will not back down. Tools destined from Huawei have recently been refused exit from US ports. If China doesn't back down, how could Huawei survive, interesting and dangerous...