[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by herbs88

1. H

Are Samsung’s 3nm GAA Volume Production Yields Closer to 25% or 70%

hey Dan, There are some nice SEM images on the breakdown of A15 bionic. Is there a chance we get Scotten to revisit this? https://www.angstronomics.com/p/the-truth-of-tsmc-5nm
  2. H

Intel CEO to Visit Taiwan, Home of Biggest Chipmaking Rival

NDF got 48.3% of TSMC’s share in 1986 putting in 70 million usd, they now have 6.3%. Just because they are still the largest shareholder doesn’t mean they’ve been constantly subsidizing it. TSMC’s success in the past two decades was NOT because of the subsidy.
  3. H

Intel CEO to Visit Taiwan, Home of Biggest Chipmaking Rival

false, that fund accounted for 40% of the shares when TSMC was founded. they had to keep selling the stakes to pay taxes.
  4. H

Intel looking to develop closer relationship with TSMC?!?!?!

I was interested in this, so I looked up the Taiwanese government’s expenditure and it seems like they only spend about 70 billion usd a year. That’s like twice the capex for TSM this year. Is this Pat dude even trying to make sense? I feel like TSM can sue him for defamation, but the clown’d...
  5. H

Root scientific causes of TSMC's leadership / Intel and Samsung's failure

sorry what’s 996? never really heard of that when I worked in Taiwan.
  6. H

Korea urged to confront US calls for key chip info

I am pretty sure an undergrad can fill most of that out with the monthly/quarterly reports available on TSMC’s website… I am actually more concerned that the Department of Commerce asked companies to specify their nodes “in nanometers”… they still had no clue what’s going on after one year of...
  7. H

Samsung Electronics in Dilemma between TSMC and Intel

Business Korea is a small firm that’s willing to write anything to attract attention. I don’t think it’s fair to claim that Korean media only make trash.
  8. H

Intel renames process nodes to better align with TSMC

I think it’s good for the industry. Despite the fact that they’ve been trailing since 2018, their marketing kept portraying this false image - oh it’s the naming scheme, they’re really not behind. they’d better be confident that they can keep up with TSM, or else their shareholders would push...
  9. H

Three Reasons Samsung Electronics Can't Catch up with TSMC

It was actually worse… Back in Q1’18 the risk order of a few k of wafers ended up with zero functioning die. that’s why Qualcomm had to switch to TSM that year… and apparently they never learned their lessons
  10. H

Three Reasons Samsung Electronics Can't Catch up with TSMC

I hope people don’t take BusinessKorea seriously… they are not influential at all in korea and they’ll say anything to attract viewership
  11. H

T J Rodgers Says Government Wastes Money

I am not too sure about that. The Nanking expansion should be focused on 28nm. The BCD node TSMC uses for consumer electronics should be 200-mm/90nm. Even for high-end mobile devices, they would be on 300-mm/40nm.
  12. H

T J Rodgers Says Government Wastes Money

Apple designed their own PMICs. the iphone 12s employ APL1094s. APL1096s & 1097s were used in the M1 macbooks. My guess is that the new M1 iPads could be using 1096s also. TSMC fabricated the PMICs on 200mm wafers, definitely mature nodes...
  13. H

Is IBM back to semiconductor business?!!!

They sold their 14nm process to Global Foundries in 2014. And GloFo just hasn’t really advanced ever since
Back