[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by fansink

1. fansink

TSMC Celebrates 30th North America Technology Symposium with Innovations Powering AI with Silicon Leadership

TSMC Celebrates 30th North America Technology Symposium with Innovations Powering AI with Silicon Leadership Issued by: TSMC Issued on: 2024/04/24 TSMC Celebrates 30th North America Technology Symposium with Innovations Powering AI with Silicon Leadership SANTA CLARA, CA, Apr. 24, 2024 – TSMC...
  2. fansink

Timing for TSMC Wafer Orders

Do SoC's have the longest fab time? What is the longest fab time you've heard about?
  3. fansink

Thanks All This information is awesome
  4. fansink

Thanks, I'm asking out of interest, not as a potential customer. I've heard that advanced node wafer orders may be 1-2 years in advance, and that process flow durations are layers/complexity dependent, and can range from a couple months to more than a few months. But I trust SemiWiki answers...
  5. fansink

How far in advance are wafers ordered? What are the process flow durations for advanced SoC's, CPU's, and GPU's on advanced nodes?
  6. fansink

TSMC Q1 2024 Discussion

I heard that the “twisted panties” phrase may have been: From his 1Q24 statement: C. C. Wei’s “We lowered our forecast for the 2024 overall semiconductor market, excluding memory, to increase by approximately 10% year-over-year” From his 4Q23 statement: “Coming off the steep inventory...
  7. fansink

Shouldn’t Fab 52 be Producing 20A Chiplets if They’re to be Available in 4Q24?

How many EUV tools do they have at D1 ? Hard to believe they have very many, given in April '22 they shipped one of the few they had to Fab 34, which was Fab 34's first EUV tool. Then, for the next ~12 months, they shipped nearly every EUV tool they received from ASML, to get Fab 34 up and...
  8. fansink

TSMC March 2024 Revenue Report

TSMC is increasing prices of its chips an aggregate of 8.7% in 2024 compared to January 2023 prices. https://seekingalpha.com/article/4676101-taiwan-semiconductor-tsmc-raising-prices-8-7-percent-in-2024-as-revenue-growth-underperforms-customers
  9. fansink

TSMC March 2024 Revenue Report

It’s going to be challenging for TSMC’s FY24 YOY revenue to only be +20%, given: Currently, YTD revenue is already +16.5%. TSMC’s seasonal quarterly revenue averages are 22.2%, 24.1%, 26.8%, and 26.9% of total FY, respectively. TSMC is like to raise prices on 5/3nm nodes, at least. Even if the...
  10. fansink

Will Intel Foundry Break-Even Before 2028?

Since Intel 7/12 was reasonably mature before Gelsinger’s 5N4Y proclamation, and given 4/3 and 2/1.8 are single nodes, and a node doesn’t count until HVM begins, as of today, I’d say the score is 1N3Y, and the next score will be 2N4-5Y.
  11. fansink

Was the customer prepayment similar to giving a lawyer a single dollar to establish attorney-client privilege?
  12. fansink

Most analysts are in the 2027-2028 break-even camp, although a few have moved closer to a 2030 target. Most here at SemiWiki seem to believe it’s highly contingent on getting 18A spooled up, on schedule, and bringing in a whale for 18A or 14A. If as Daniel Nenni said earlier, 18A may only be a...
  13. fansink

How Does TSMC 3nm Compare to Intel 18A?

Last I heard, C.C. Wei was referring to N3P vs 18A, let's start there? I'm looking for any detailed metrics, such as performance, power efficiency, transistor density, etc.
Back