[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by count

1. C

Diamond nanomembranes to change electronics?

Would a diamond nanomembrane not just be graphene?
  2. C

Any thoughts on how the power grid will deal with AI

Interestingly the oil and gas industry seemed to finally this lesson. This is how they were able to successfully scale up unconventional oil plays with highly standardized modular well pads. So it can be done.
  3. C

Why Apple is abandoning building cars

The steering wheel would be replaced by one of those iPod click wheels.
  4. C

Why Apple is abandoning building cars

One could have said the same thing about smartphones prior to the iPhone. Margins were super thin. With cars I think it's more challenging. Apple would no doubt market itself more like a lifestyle brand like Ferrari, and not like GM. They would be selling $100k+ vehicles. I think they...
  5. C

Maybe cogeneration is not the right term, but on site generation. Most likely natural gas because you need baseload power but I'm sure they will throw a few solar panels on the roof to greenwash. A lot of mining companies do things like this. In the case of a mining company it is cogeneration...
  6. C

Same as other very large industrial consumers deal with their power requirements - Cogeneration. AI data centers in the future will generate most of their own power on site and only be connected to the grid for backup/emergency power.
  7. C

Intel Delays its Ohio fabs

Run up in price is across entire semi industry and AI hype, where any company that can make a claim they could capture any kind of AI revenue is getting bought.
  8. C

Doesn't sound like something Pat would say, at least not in those words. If he was making comments on costs, he'd probably do it in a roundabout way, saying something to the effect of "Margins will be great, but not has high a TSMC"
  9. C

Retail theft to drive semis and innovation, Giant Vending Machines

Yeah, totally different thing. Walmart aquired the company that is developing this technology just last year and is rolling it out to several hundred stores over the next several years. This technology is actually the replacement for these pickup towers, since it changes how stuff will be...
  10. C

This is not typical warehouse automation, these systems are deployed in stores, not at distribution centres. You order off the app and your stuff comes out from a hole in the side of the building. Just like a vending machine. The goal is to turn the store into a vending machine for fungible...
  11. C

These days factories in the Midwest are struggling to attract people. In the US in general people don't see manufacturing as a good job anymore and Ohio is not where a lot of people want to live. I have seen this firsthand at the last factory I spent time in at the Midwest. The local labor...
  12. C

Already happening, see what Walmart is doing in this space: https://www.walmartasr.com/
  13. C

Labor isn't a huge cost, but lets say someone gave you unlimited money to build a fab in Antarctica, you are not going to be able to hire the people you need to run it at any cost.
  14. C

I have worked on a variety of mega projects in multiple industry. They pretty much always get delayed. What ends up happening is complexity increases exponential with these massive projects of this scale but managements ability to handle complexity does not and linear thinking is applied to...
Back