[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by ConnerVT

1. C

Airlines warn of 'catastrophic' crisis when new 5G service is deployed

I was thinking of this the other day. While we get hammered with "Turn of your cellphone and electronic devices..." on every flight, how many people actually turn off (or put their phone/computer in Airplane Mode)? I'm sure many just close their screen and put the device in their pocket/bag...
  2. C

5G service isn't just one set of frequencies. Rather, there are a number of different bands, used to support various distances and user densities (think driving in your car vs sitting in a stadium with 50,000 people). The band VZ/AT&T is looking to enable is one that supports longer distances.
  3. C

Aviation frequencies, especially those used for aviation navigation, have traditionally had the greatest protection and enforcement from interference. I wasn't invited to the meetings, but I would strongly believe that this subject has been in discussion within the FCC and FAA for more than 2...
  4. C

The FAA has had over 2 years to address this issue, and failed to. The frequencies that the cell carriers purchased are not the same ones used by avionics - they are just in the same band of frequencies. The actual frequencies that will be used are separated from the avionics frequencies...
  5. C

Historical examples of poor decisions to build a new fab?

This is only a part of IBM Microelectronics demise. The Fishkill 300mm fab (one of the first 300mm built) came at the same time IBM decided to stop manufacturing things. They quickly went on a binge selling off printers, hard drives, desktop and laptop computers, only leaving mid/large servers...
Back