[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by clhende

1. C

AMAT the most important company you have never heard of(excluding SemiWiki readers)

I think in general, this is true; however, implementing new materials or processes is always challenging, since there are sometimes offsetting factors that make a new material not as promising as it initially would seem to be..
  2. C

Device Engineering book (not device physics textbook)

Hi LRC, our Online Training System has some training materials on that topic. Feel free to contact us at info@semitracks.com, and we can discuss this topic off line if you want.
  3. C

Chipping Away: Assessing and Addressing the Labor Market Gap Facing the U.S. Semiconductor Industry

Agreed. With software from companies like Telit, a lot of workers can sit at remote locations and operate fab tools by connecting securely. The workforce onsite doesn't need to be particularly large. It's just getting the manufacturers to be more proactive in their thinking about this...
  4. C

Chipping Away: Assessing and Addressing the Labor Market Gap Facing the U.S. Semiconductor Industry

Fair enough, but that's something that management within these semiconductor companies will need to address. If they simply want to save money and send their designs over to TMSC or Samsung and have them manufacture the chips, that's great, until there is a more dire geopolitical event. At...
  5. C

Yes, there are definitely culture issues that we have to overcome. We have scads of people working in technology fields who seem to just want to do the minimum amount required. However, I think there are some people that would be willing to work hard to get a manufacturing job in our industry...
  6. C

Aren't AMD's resources being stretched too thin?

Hi cliff, at Semitracks we notice that a lot of people that participate in our training Bootcamps just want to "check the box" like you say. They are usually being forced to do the work to completion by the company they work for. We see a similar patter in our Online Training System as well...
  7. C

This is going to require more than just universities attempted to crank out more graduates. We really need to get training programs going that will allow people with degrees/experience in other fields (e.g. biology, other engineering disciples, etc.) to participate. Most people today are very...
  8. C

The German Chip Sector’s Next Challenge: Labor

Advantest still has plants in the Boeblingen factory to this date.
  9. C

Where does the SemiWiki community think the Chips Act money should go and why?

With all of this discussion about the CHIPS ACT, there is absolutely no focus on Assembly, Packaging and Test. If the US is serious about building an ecosystem in the US, then we need these elements back in the US as well. There are probably some towns in the Midwest where the cost of labor is...
  10. C

TSMC to Build Fab in Arizona and They are Hiring!

There are a number of TSMC job postings in AZ on Indeed.com, so I think this train is moving forward.
  11. C

GlobalFoundries Pulls Out of Chengdu

I recently saw a headline (buried in much of the other news) about GlobalFoundries pulling out of their Chengdu site. I would be curious to hear the community's take on this. I don't think GlobalFoundries was putting up a lot of their own money for this factory, just the Chinese state/local...
  12. C

China, IP, Tech, Taiwan, Politics Forever Changed, Opportunity

Hi Portland, Of course, the NBA analogy only goes so far. I agree that they are all over-paid and not a priority for our current world situation. TSMC is definitely more valued-added to the world than the NBA!
  13. C

China, IP, Tech, Taiwan, Politics Forever Changed, Opportunity

Ultimately, this factory may run better if, like Portland says, they start with fresh, moldable minds. Yes, you need a few experts, but too many experts creates too much discord, sort of like an All Star NBA team. You're better off with a few leaders, and people that can follow instructions...
  14. C

Coronavirus Benefits, China May Win, Staggering Opportunities

This is something we're working on, but we're a small company and don't have huge resources to push along this front. Hopefully, being nimble and finding a niche that works will allow us to be successful in this area. We are focused on semiconductor technology training, so that is something...
Back