[ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by ballsystemlord

1. B

Should our Next Leaders come out of the Tech Sector?

I post smart*** comments online. ;) More seriously, I'm a student.
  2. B

Self censoring? Now that's a great example of having the "ability but not the will" as I mentioned above. I don't think people's opinion of you would change much based on your attempts to enlighten us regarding some matter. Rather, it would be a lack of trying to make the world a better place...
  3. B

Collaboration gives us ability, not will. If the Golden Shield of China and The Twitter Files, are any indication (among others), technology can be used just as easily to suppress collaboration and speech. Thus war does not cease, rather, we just don't hear about it. And because of this, a new...
  4. B

Why are they our greatest hope exactly? Why not? Also, be careful what you wish, for nightmares can come true. How about needing sound judgement? Change, sure, but towards what goal? "In order to form a more perfect union..." is how the US began. Yet I see political parties trying to force...
  5. B

Now that we have EUV, where do we go from here?

I was trying to limit the scope of the question, not be closed minded. Could you expand SAQP, SALELE, and SADP? I'm not getting anything useful searching using those terms. Thanks!
  6. B

Now that we have EUV, where do we go from here?

It seems to me that the lithography industry doesn't ever sit still. They're always trying to move to the next node, improve yields, etc.. So it is with no small curiosity that though I have been looking, I have not heard of anything beyond high-NA EVU. TSMC, Samsung, and Intel project extended...
  7. B

Tech must teach society and customers how to unlock value

I'm going to make 3 points here. First, you need people in order to even begin to optimize time and resources. This means that you need families who have children. Currently, the trend in the US job is to make it mandatory to employ both sexes in the workforce. When I was young, it was...
  8. B

The problem with the optimistic approach, which Mr @Hanson employs, is that for something to get better, you have to have people that are willing to devote themselves to it. As you point out, Mr @Zaim , there is a monetary incentive in some of these things. But for much of human history, even...
  9. B

Based on my own observations, the outlook of companies and government is that people should get less access to the raw data and more access to carefully curated data. You needn't look far to see this. From gov funded research requiring people to pay to access the publications, to the big four...
  10. B

How SiC Brought 200mm Equipment Back

I kinda guessed that. But from what I gathered from the OP, the devices are the same as are fab'ed on 150mm wafer. Unless I missed something.
  11. B

How SiC Brought 200mm Equipment Back

Why is 200mm, "a new field" exactly?
  12. B

Obsolescence Speeding will Drive Tech and Semis, radically different thinking required

That sentence is so badly worded I have no idea what you wanted to say. Maybe you could expand on that? As for the trend towards automation, it will require an ever more educated public to operate all these new machines. We will probably get a college degree called something like, "Masters in...
  13. B

Twisted Mess, Buy Chinese, But Don't Sell to Chinese

The OP's title and post are about trade deals and the space race. Not about semiconductors. As for me, I've quoted information from 1st party sources and I've made some general statements based on my observations (like migrant workers), which I think can be easily verified. I've also asked...
  14. B

I'm not sure they know what they want. I mean, if the US people did, don't you think they'd demand it from politicians? Last time it was peace, drugs, and "love", at any cost. Or so I've read of the 70s.
  15. B

According to my federal rep, and I did speak with him personally, since the election of Trump, 70% of these people in congress are new people. So, if your plan would work, then we should be seeing some positive result. But as he pointed out, Pelosi will block (from getting a vote), anything she...
Back