[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by Anshuman

1. A

TSMC needs to partner with India

Hi Dan, I think you have enough info on this thread to write a proper white paper in favor of a fab in India. Especially for TSMC ! Best !
  2. A

TSMC needs to partner with India

https://www.theindianwire.com/startups/top-10-lithium-ion-battery-manufacturers-in-india-317657/
  3. A

Will the CHIPS Act make it? Hmm...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/11/the-pandemic-stimulus-checks-were-a-big-experiment-did-it-work.html https://fortune.com/2022/04/19/andrew-yang-stimulus-checks-us-inflation-covid/
  4. A

Great points Dan and Paul2. And how will the $50 Billion incentive impact the economy? More spending. And that will be worse for the inflation which is going up n up. Will the 50Billion take the inflation into the teens? Folks already blame the COVID19 care package for this inflation flare up...
  5. A

Will the CHIPS Act make through? Its getting more and more doubtful. Well at least from the macroeconomic perspective. The inflation is at a four decade high at 9.1. The Feds have increased the interest rates and might increase them again. One of the prime reasons cited for the high...
  6. A

What's the quickest way to address the semiconductor market supply crunch?

The economics of semiconductor manufacturing does not follow the standard demand supply logic of ECON101.
  7. A

GDSII to Mask fracturing flow

Thanks Chipguy, I really appreciate your response. I most of this stuff like SMO, ILT, and other RET optimizations, by now has been incorporated in EDA tools. Or are they still the "secret sauce" of the fabs. IMHO, if I can hazard a guess, I suppose till about 45nm its all lingua franca in...
  8. A

GDSII to Mask fracturing flow

Dear Engineers, I am curious to the MDP flow that leads to the Mask set once we throw the GDSII over the fence and party over yet another successful tape out and provide DRC waivers to the fab. Any pointers to docs on EDA tools and how they stitch together in a flow. Over the years seen a lot...
  9. A

Naming beyond 1nm?

I guess like we moved past the decimal in the micron naming convention. e.g. 0.18micron, 0.13micron we'll have a few names like 0.7nm. To keep the tradition going till marketing powerpoints point towards a new direction.
  10. A

Tech Predictions from Arm for 2021 and Beyond

So what is the possibility of an Allen Wu sponsored, ARM IP based hardware trojan, making its way into an SoC?
  11. A

Tech Predictions from Arm for 2021 and Beyond

ARM has a 500lbs gorilla in the room it has to address first. The situation with Allen Wu and the Chinese subsidiary.
  12. A

2020 was the best year for the industry in decades. What's going on? Wider discussion.

I guess post FinFETs we will have nanowire and nanotube FETs which are already lined up (CNTFET). So they will go another node or two to the least. That should take us to the 2030s. And mean while how does 5G unfold willgive us the idea of what else will shape the entry into the 30s... I mean...
  13. A

China’s Drive to Make Semiconductor Chips Is Failing

Bingo !! You got it Tony. Trump handed them a lead for the long haul.
  14. A

China’s Drive to Make Semiconductor Chips Is Failing

Very true. But on the flips side, many Chinese players in the ecosystem who would have never had an opportunity to play in the presence of the big American and European players suddenly found an opportunity to grow. For example, Chinese EDA makers. NO Chinese chip designer would have used...
  15. A

How hot is the 180nm node today?

God bless your heart Paul2 !! Thanks for that effort, its just awesome to see the spread of nodes and wafer sizes. And obviously the power of SemiWIki, thanks again, Daniel Neni !
Back