[XF] => 2020672
            [XFI] => 1050070
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by Andy1299

1. A

TSMC may set up wafer fabs in Germany and Japan

Yes they are, the temperature varies from fab to fab (back end fabs in Asia tend to be hotter) but it’s really the suit - a full plastic thing which by definition doesn’t breath so well. Sometimes you do feel like a chicken in clingfilm
  2. A

Intel renames process nodes to better align with TSMC

It's interesting in the note that intel said unquestioned leadership in performance per watt and not performance per dollar. Even if achievable, road map seems expensive...
  3. A

Intel is in Talks to Buy GlobalFoundries

Maybe pat just wants idm2.0 to be taken serious and mubadala wants their price to be taken seriously
  4. A

It’s a good point on the ip.
  5. A

I really disagree with this. When GF was pressing 7nm it was losing slightly less than $1bn per year. Now it is profitable. TSMC and UMC both make money from mature nodes. There is more to semi than leading edge: everything has a chip in it not everything has the latest MPU. They are serious...
  6. A

Interesting, Mubadala wants to sell. But it the current climate which is quicker/ more secure: IPO or Acqusition
  7. A

Does GF really know how to be a foundry? Outside of Singapore, Malta has two customers: AMD and IBM
  8. A

Will Intel have enough EUV for 7nm?

Agreed. EUV is not just ASML it is many highly specialized firms doing crazy things Zeiss for example makes lenses to sub atom accuracy... Mechanical placement machines in the nm range. The whole set up of EUV is crazy with droplets of tin and lasers so powerful that at one point they...
  9. A

Will Intel have enough EUV for 7nm?

In 2014 Intel made the decision to design out EUV for 10nm because it wasn't ready. 10nm was slated for 16/17 at this point, who knew it would be 2020.. TSMC on the other hand with it's "new" node every year was able to slot in EUV as soon as it was ready. Also, Intel in a classic "frenemy" move...
  10. A

The Intel (INTC) CEO Pat Gelsinger on Q1 2021 Results Discussion

See Thanks Daniel! Really appreciate the insight around IFS and chiplets/ tiles. As I think more and more about IFS I’m coming to the opinion that it less grand than we all thought at the beginning. I.e it’s looking more and more like it’s 80% about custom x86 for hyperscalers and 20% true...
  11. A

Can AMD copy idm 2.0 when it comes to x86 co design

Thanks Count, appreciate the insight/ color. It was what I was looking for
  12. A

Intel’s Impacts on the US Economy

I think the silence is just that it’s not a financial focused blog (although I like that kind of thing). Agree on your point CPG results aren’t great when pc market itself is up 30%+ and DCG reeks of increased competitive pressure. Although part of the ASP decline is just that most are buying...
  13. A

The fact that their 10th and 11th gen line ups contain 14nm and 10nm product supports that
  14. A

Curious what do you think it means?