Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/asic-services-needed-to-replace-obsolete-parts.13211/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

ASIC services needed to replace obsolete parts

dwisehart

I need to replace two obsolete Vitesse parts that Microsemi no longer makes. They are fairly simple, mixed signal/RF parts that one design shop said they could make in 65 nm TSMC CyberShuttle, they own the IP and have a package that will work, but they want over $1M for a minimum first run. That is beyond what I afford.

If you are interested, the parts are the VSC1237 and VSC1238, a 10 Gbps 16:1 MUX and a 10 Gbps CDR and 1:16 DEMUX. There is no Ethernet logic in them, they are just bare bones MUX and CDR/DEMUX. We take care of everything else in other parts. (The datasheets require a Microsemi account to download, so I do not think I can post them here.) An FPGA transceiver has much too much latency for this particular board.

Anyone know of a design shop that would do good work and could come in under $500K for a minimum first run?

The easiest way to secure continuity of these discontinued parts may be to contact Microsemi directly to see if they are willing to sell the masks. Vitesse/Microsemi is fabless so this may be possible. Check out US ASIC (www.us-asic.com). We can definitely help you out with this. - Don

Actually u may need to ping Microchip as they bought Microsemi several years back and they may not want to sell/share mask set

contact Bob Gross at iSine inc.
Their design centers in Boston on Winter st
But their corporate on LI NY robert.gross55@gmail.com
Cell 1 (631) 525-2136

Thanks for the replies. I have been talking to Microsemi but so far, without success. I will contact the other two.

If anyone else has a suggestion, please let me know.

Don’t waste ur time w them. I was their rep selling their flash based FPGA’s.they have no clue where any of that is!!

again Vitesse did these designs directly w a foundry they picked at the time.

contact Bob Gross as they are a design ctr that does mixed signal
iSine inc in LI NY

Send any info to iSine as that’s what they do among other design work. The information u may have can help them figure out the foundry etc

I need to replace two obsolete Vitesse parts that Microsemi no longer makes. They are fairly simple, mixed signal/RF parts that one design shop said they could make in 65 nm TSMC CyberShuttle, they own the IP and have a package that will work, but they want over $1M for a minimum first run. That is beyond what I afford.

If you are interested, the parts are the VSC1237 and VSC1238, a 10 Gbps 16:1 MUX and a 10 Gbps CDR and 1:16 DEMUX. There is no Ethernet logic in them, they are just bare bones MUX and CDR/DEMUX. We take care of everything else in other parts. (The datasheets require a Microsemi account to download, so I do not think I can post them here.) An FPGA transceiver has much too much latency for this particular board.

Anyone know of a design shop that would do good work and could come in under $500K for a minimum first run?
Generally speaking, this is something we can do at Javelin ASIC Devices... but the catch here is that you're asking for 65nm which remans very expensive. Likely your budget of $500K woud be consumed entierly with mask and engineering run costs. I'd be glad to discuss your requirements in more detail to see if there may be an alternative solution, e.g. a different technology node. One of our design teams here in Silicon Valley has a lot of experience in this area.

Cheers,
Bob Frostholm
Co-Founder, CMO
Javelin ASIC Devices
www.javelinasicdevices.com

bob.frostholm@javelinasicdevices.com

Chipus is also a suitable partner.
Could you please get in touch?

Thank you!

Heider Marconi Guedes Madureira, PhD, Technical sales manager

Chipus Microeletronica S.A.
heider.marconi@chipus-ip.com
https://chipus-ip.com/

Back