Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/euv-shot-noise-impact-on-7nm.7993/page-2
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

EUV Shot Noise Impact on 7nm

The edge placement of line ends is also affected by photon shot noise. This can be considered by a fairly simple calculation: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/photon-shot-noise-impact-line-end-placement-frederick-chen This also has an effect on the gap between line ends (tip-to-tip). Line cutting would consequently be an option, but you cannot avoid considering the edge placement error or shot noise impact in that situation as well.

Hi Fred,

Now that TSMC has EUV in production at 7nm, how do you feel about EUV futures?

I read some very optimistic notes from the Wall Street folks on ASML and EUV but word on the street is that EUV still has some major throughput issues. EUV seems a long ways off for memory makers so the EUV market is limited to logic for now.

Thank you for your input......

D.A.N.

Hi Fred,

Now that TSMC has EUV in production at 7nm, how do you feel about EUV futures?

I read some very optimistic notes from the Wall Street folks on ASML and EUV but word on the street is that EUV still has some major throughput issues. EUV seems a long ways off for memory makers so the EUV market is limited to logic for now.

Thank you for your input......

D.A.N.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback. I am in fact preparing an article on LI which will show an effective way to visualize the recently published stochastic defects. Indeed, insufficient dose is a key factor, although the resist also plays a significant part. When it's online, I'll post the link here as well.

Thanks,
Fred

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback. I am in fact preparing an article on LI which will show an effective way to visualize the recently published stochastic defects. Indeed, insufficient dose is a key factor, although the resist also plays a significant part. When it's online, I'll post the link here as well.

Thanks,
Fred

Back