Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/who-is-the-ceo-emeritus-at-mentor.11056/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Who is the CEO Emeritus at Mentor?

Daniel Payne

Walden Rhines is officially now the CEO Emeritus at Mentor, as Tony Hemmelgarn takes the CEO title.

Executive Team - Mentor Graphics

I would typically expect a press release issued about a change in CEO title.

Siemens has done a fine job acquiring Mentor and letting the product divisions continue along their own paths, while not micro-managing from afar.

Nice find Daniel. Looking through the list, I see that IC EDA and board-level design still have top-level structure, but not not so much support is apparent for logic design/verification. Emulation still has a VP, but not an EVP/SVP. Is Mentor just ceding the battle in functional verification to SNPS and CDNS?

Bernard,
The job titles at Mentor can be a bit cryptic, however Mentor considers all of the following as Functional Verification:

• Emulation - Veloce
  • Simulation - Questa
  • Clock domain crossing
  • Formal Verification
  • Verification IP
  • UVM
  • Mixed signal verification - Symphony

I don't see Mentor ceding any ground in this segment, rather they are adding staff to bolster.

It happened in October....... It's a retirement position similar to Professor Emeritus. Wally is still active in the company but with a reduced role.

Nice find Daniel. Looking through the list, I see that IC EDA and board-level design still have top-level structure, but not not so much support is apparent for logic design/verification. Emulation still has a VP, but not an EVP/SVP. Is Mentor just ceding the battle in functional verification to SNPS and CDNS?

After merger with Siemens PLM, too deep hierarchy if continues to keep original Mentor organization's hierarchy.So Siemens needs to eliminate Top level of Mentor and consolidate division level into IC , PCB and EDA Cable

yanfeng

Back