Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/samsung-phones-regain-leadership-in-india.7325/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Samsung phones regain leadership in India

Pawan Fangaria

In December quarter, Samsung increased its Smartphone share by about 5% in Indian market and became number one.

View attachment 16615 View attachment 16616
Now Samsung smartphone share stands at 26.8%. Since the increase in Samsung share came at the expense of its closest rival, Micromax, the difference between the two has widened by more than 12%. Micromax share decreased from 18% to 14%. This provides clear leadership to Samsung.

Earlier in this month, I was hearing about Tim Cook's increased focus on Indian market. Can Apple Smartphones get ahead of others in the Indian market?

In December quarter, Samsung increased its Smartphone share by about 5% in Indian market and became number one.

View attachment 16615 View attachment 16616
Now Samsung smartphone share stands at 26.8%. Since the increase in Samsung share came at the expense of its closest rival, Micromax, the difference between the two has widened by more than 12%. Micromax share decreased from 18% to 14%. This provides clear leadership to Samsung.

Earlier in this month, I was hearing about Tim Cook's increased focus on Indian market. Can Apple Smartphones get ahead of others in the Indian market?
While it is great that Samsung is dominating in India, I seriously doubt the fact that Apple is going to get ahead of others. Apple has never made affordable smartphone unlike huwaii, micromax and oppo and what not.
It seems impossible to me for Apple to increase their sales in the Indian market

Back