- This event has passed.
Webinar: Electromagnetic Performance & Advanced Modeling of Electric Machines
March 22 @ 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Discover solutions for addressing questions that commonly occur in the development of electric machines for automotive applications such as rotor skewing, the axial segmentation of permanent magnets, and the short circuit fault tolerance assessment.
MARCH 22, 2023
10 AM EST
About This Webinar
In this webinar, you’ll get an insight into how to model the physical interactions occurring in an electrical machine by applying Ansys Maxwell for electromagnetic simulation. The flexibility of Maxwell allows users to perform detailed design of an electric traction motor with adjustable modeling depth, e.g., considering geometrical details, 3D effects, and excitation.
We’ll demonstrate solutions for answering commonly occurring questions in electric machine design for automotive applications. This includes rotor skewing, the axial segmentation of permanent magnets, and the short-circuit fault tolerance assessment.
What Attendees Will Learn
- Automate the creation of an electric motor design in both 2D and 3D from an initial Motor-CAD design
- Model 3D effects, including end winding inductance, magnet segmentation, and skew
- Calculate eddy-current losses in hairpin conductors considering the entire distribution of conductors in each slot
- Evaluate the impact of a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) excitation on eddy-current losses in permanent magnets
- Model fault conditions such as short-circuits and their consequences on demagnetization of permanent magnets
Daniel Bachinski, Wenliang Chen, Irene Woyna