- This event has passed.
Using Simulation to Optimize Food Processing
Learn how to optimize food processing operations using granular material simulation.
The food processing industry faces a variety of challenges. Companies need to remain competitive, innovate to meet consumer demands, ensure the high quality of products and at the same time keep costs down. Simulation can play a decisive role in solving these challenges and its use by engineers and scientists has been increasing in the quest to optimize processes and increase operational efficiency.
In this webinar, we will present Altair EDEM, Discrete Element Method (DEM) software for simulating granular material. EDEM accurately simulates the behavior of different types of food, such as grains, coffee beans, spices, fruits or powdered dairy products, and provides key information for a range of operations and processes, including handling and processing of materials, such as mixing , grinding, drying, coating and others.
Using EDEM, companies are able to:
- ensure high quality of the final product
- minimize losses and losses
- perfect scalable procedures
- reduce operating costs
- improve operational efficiency
- drive product innovation
Join the webinar and learn more about Altair EDEM and how the solution can simulate and optimize an extensive variety of food handling and processing processes.
- Industry overview and challenges
- Introduction to Altair EDEM
- Material handling processes: sorting, transport, supply and storage
- Material processing processes: granulation, mixing, extrusion and coating
- Live Q&A with our engineers