- This event has passed.
November 4, 2019
The Mentor User Conference
Hilton Munich Airport, Germany
November 4, 2019
8:30 AM – 9:00 PM Europe/Berlin
Are you looking for a platform to listen to technical experts who design leading–edge products using Mentor tools?
Then visit User2User Europe 2019. User2User Europe is a one day conference and exhibition dedicated to end-users of Mentor EDA solutions.
Join us at the Hilton Munich Airport, Germany on Monday November 4, 2019 to be part of a large community engaged in electronic design around Europe!
U2U Europe 2019 – sponsored by Mentor, A Siemens Business – focuses on these key areas:
- PCB system design
- Tanner EDA: MEMS and Custom/Analog Design
- Analog/Mixed-Signal Verification
- Functional Verification and Emulation
- Design-for-Test and Semiconductor Data Analytics
- IC Design and Verification
U2U is free to attend and always fills up very quickly.
Register now to secure your place today, as places will be limited.
- Keynote ” Semiconductor Design in the Machine Learn Era ” presented by Ravi Subramanian Vice President and General Manager, IC Verification Solutions Division
- Keynote “5G for business-critical Industry – practical experiments” presented by Olli Liinamaa, Ecosystem Manager, 5G Test Network Lead, Nokia
- 45+ presentations in 7 breakout tracks
- Presentations about trending topics like Functional Safety, 5G, AI and Machine learning
- Meet face-to-face with experts from Mentor to discuss the latest trends in EDA
- Meet Mentor’s partners in the exhibition area to discover how they can help your company
- Enjoy a relaxed and fun evening event at Europe’s only airport brewery and network with more than 300 industry peers
- Stay all day and you will have a chance to win during the prize draw at the Closing session!
Registration and Breakfast at the day will start at 8:30 AM with the welcome starting at 9:30 AM.
The final session will approximately end at 5:00 PM followed by a networking reception from 5:15-9:00 PM. The one-day conference is without conference fees but participants are responsible for their own travel expenses such as parking and accommodations.
Who Should Attend
Electronic design engineers and their managers interested in exploring innovative products and solutions that help engineers to solve design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design.
Semiconductor Design in the Machine Learning Era
Presented by Ravi Subramanian, Vice President and General Manager of Mentor’s IC Verification Solutions Division
Twin thrusts are driving significant growth in Machine Learning (ML) applications in the semiconductor industry. The first is a surge in venture capital for ML-based semiconductor design, focused on a wide range of markets such as transportation, energy, connected cities, cloud computing, and smart manufacturing. The second is the incredible algorithmic opportunity ML offers EDA tools.
Ravi Subramanian Vice President and General Manager, IC Verification Solutions Division, will survey the impact of ML on semiconductor design. After an overview of all the exciting growth areas, Ravi will discuss how ML expands design requirements and demands at the algorithmic level. He will also examine the impact of ML on EDA tool development in the key areas of intelligent pattern analysis and the ability to analyze the enormous amount of data generated in simulation and test.
5G for business-critical Industry – practical experiments
Presented by Olli Liinamaa, Ecosystem Manager, 5G Test Network Lead, Nokia
Olli Liinamaa received his Master of Science degree in Technology from Oulu University, and has worked for Nokia since that in various positions in R&D and product management. In his current role as Ecosystem Manager, he is responsible for Nokia/Oulu cooperation with surrounding ICT industries, academies and the public sector. While still working for Nokia, he is also working part-time for University of Oulu since Jan-2016 as 5G Test Network (5GTN) lead. At the university, he is developing an open experimentation and co-creation 5G infrastructure for national and international research projects for students and industries.