- This event has passed.
Teaching Additive Manufacturing With Simulation
May 25, 2022
11 AM EDT / 4 PM BST / 8:30 PM IST
About this Webinar
As one of the pillars of Industry 4.0, additive manufacturing (AM) is finding its place in engineering education curriculums. The standard industry practice utilizes AM simulation to ensure that components are produced with minimal experimental trial and error. So, when preparing students to become the next generation of engineers, educators can benefit from easy-to-use and practical AM simulation tools when teaching this topic. This webinar will explore the workflow used when additively manufacturing a component, starting from materials selection in Ansys Granta EduPack, then modeling the pre-processing, porosity, and resulting stress/strains in the AM process using the Ansys Additive Manufacturing solutions.
What Attendees Will Learn
- Discover material selection for AM in Granta EduPack
- Learn AM processing parameter optimization to minimize defects with Ansys Additive Suite
- Build setup including orientation optimization of the component on the baseplate and generating the required supports with Ansys Additive Prep
- Simulate stress/strains resulting from residual thermal stresses in the AM process and predict part failure during printing with Ansys Additive Print
Who Should Attend and Why
Users of Granta EduPack and educators who are interested in teaching additive manufacturing.
- Navid Manai, Education Development Specialist, Ansys
- Vishal Sharma, Senior Application Engineer, Ansys
- Enrique Escobar, Lead Application Engineer, Ansys