- This event has passed.
Special FREE Hands-On HFSS Workshop
November 12, 2019 @ 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Registration is open now!
This workshop is free for all to attend and open to the public. All ANSYS HFSS users, both new and experienced, will benefit from this workshop led by Steve Baker, Sr. Electrical Engineer and HFSS expert
Topics covered in this workshop:
- Basic HFSS operation and setup for antennas
- Optimization techniques available in HFSS
- Solving larger scale problems with combinations of FEM and integral equation (method of moments) solvers
- Using domain decomposition method for large problems and managing compute resources
- Tips and tricks for simplifying mesh and solve times in HFSS
- Phased array antenna design will be showcased from the ground up
- Tips and tricks in optimizing the antenna elements of this array
- How the simulation is simplified so that it runs with optimal speed
- HFSS optimization tools including a genetic algorithm
- Live-tuning the antenna
- Pitfalls of this type of antenna array will be discussed, including what often causes them to fail and which design parameters are most important and how we capture and design around these failure modes in HFSS
- Simulation results of a large antenna ray and beam steering
- The antenna will finally be placed in a large environment and we will show the radiation characteristics of the antenna changes via ray tracing algorithms
Sr. Electrical Engineer
SimuTech Group, Inc.
Steve brings 7+ years as an integrity engineer in the interconnect industry designing high speed connectors, PCBs, high and low frequency, and thermal domains for electronics applications. His design experience includes wireless and antenna design, placement applications, high speed transmission line design and workflow optimizations, electronics cooling, and simulation for mitigating and capturing EMI/EMC related issues.