- This event has passed.
Improving Electronics Thermal Design Using Testing and Simulation
A complimentary seminar introducing fundamentals of thermal transient testing of semiconductor devices and packages for thermal characterization and how to enhance electronics thermal design of reliable products to achieve goals for Size, Weight, Power and Cost by combining use of test and thermal simulation.
This seminar includes demonstration of thermal transient measurement via electrical test methods using Simcenter T3STER test technology and package heat flow path analysis. Presentations will include the application of measurement to determine thermal metrics with confidence, how achieve highest accuracy in package to system level thermal simulation accuracy through model calibration, and how to use testing for failure diagnosis during thermal reliability studies and also in quality assessment.
Refreshments /Food and Beverages will be provided at each location
Who Should Attend
- Thermal Engineers
- Power Electronics Engineers
- IC Package Engineers
- Vehicle Electrification – Power Control Unit Staff
- Test Technicians & Lab Managers
- Reliability & Quality engineers
What You Will Learn
- How to measure junction temperature precisely
- How to analyze package heat flow path using transient measurement derived structure functions (Rth-Cth profiles of junction to ambient)
- How to determine key thermal metrics e.g thermal resistance (Rth)
- Thermal simulation accuracy: how to automatically calibrate detailed package thermal models quickly
- Measurement in application: IC packages, power semiconductors incl IGBTs & MOSFETS, vehicle electrification power electronics, LED lighting, thermal interface materials (TIM) & more …
- Failure diagnosis and defect identification using thermal structure functions
- Power electronics thermal reliability assessment:
- Defining power cycling studies
- Performing combined power cycling and failure-in-progress diagnosis