- This event has passed.
Formal verification to improve design quality and accelerate time to market
Register For This Web Seminar
2 :00-3 :30 JST
In order to verify that electronic systems are becoming more complex and that they work properly, you can’t get the job done without a personalized suite of verification tools that can keep up with the needs of relentless growth.
This webinar is the fourth in a series of Mentor Functional Verification Solutions-Latest Updates-Summer 2020 series. Functional verification always requires multi-faceted problem solving, and this webinar series gives an overview of Mentor’s functional verification tools that provide high productivity in all aspects. Here’s how each tool is optimized to find bugs and close coverage, as early as possible in the development process.
Formal verification to improve design quality and accelerate time to market: Formal automated app
Many critical verification tasks, such as dynamic connectivity verification, register policy verification, and critical signal path and register biosynthesis verification, require weeks or more of testbench development and execution, yet unexpected bugs It is difficult to identify all. In contrast, an “app” that automates formal verification can comprehensively verify important verification items without having to be familiar with the formal verification mechanism. Questa Formal introduced in this session provides various applications that can be applied from the initial design stage.
- Eliminating deadlocks in complex logic
- Accelerate code coverage closure
- Identifying register policy corner cases
- Automatic check for conditional and sequential connections
- Unintentional security backdoor discovery
- Root cause analysis of “X” propagation immediately after resetting at low power
- Verification of clock gate and SEU mitigation circuit
Formal verification to improve design quality and accelerate time to market: Formal property checking
Not even a constrained random test can search the entire state space of a design. In addition, in simulation, it may take several weeks to create a test bench, which may reduce the time from bug discovery to bug fix. In this session, we will introduce high-value verification using formal property checks and methods to thoroughly eliminate design errors that may occur.
- Formal analysis mechanism and proof for all inputs/total time
- Create effective formal test benches with simple basic properties
- Introducing methodologies such as bug hunting, providing full legitimacy of DUT functionality, deadlock free, etc.
- Hardware designer
- Development project leader
- Verification engineer
- Development environment supporter