- This event has passed.
Electrification: Facing Challenges and Finding Solutions for Electric Vehicle Software Development
LIVE WEBINAR | 27 JULY 2021 | TWO SESSIONS AVAILABLE
The future of transportation is electrification. With this shift comes a heavy burden for engineers and software architects to design safe, secure, and hassle-free systems. In this webinar, we will discuss the complexity of electric vehicle (EV) embedded software development for electrical powertrain systems, considerations for success, and investigate solutions to tackle the complex issues faced during development.
What you will learn in the EV embedded software webinar
Get an overview of typical electrical powertrain systems and a short introduction to different electrification Electronic Control Units (ECUs).
Our speakers will explore the multiple challenges faced during development:
- Architectural challenges: Introduction of EV combo-box architecture, i.e. combining two functionalities in a single ECU.
- Security challenges: Every EV will have a charging port for charging the battery. Evaluate the risk of threats from the external world through this port which is connected to the vehicle network.
- Safety challenges: Safety requirements like ISO 26262 for critical ECUs (E.g., Battery Management System (BMS)) and need for quicker safety qualifications.
- Charging of EVs: Multiple physical connectors based on country (US, EU, JP, and CHN), which in turn requires different communication protocols (CAN, J1939, etc) to be supported for communication between EV and charging station.
Who should attend this webinar?
- Software developers, and Integrators
- Automotive product managers, and software architects
- Design Engineers