Adonay is a software product marketer by day and a software developer by night. He has been with Intel ~4 years working in Software Tools and Firmware Validation organization for the first 3 years before transitioning to his current role. He is a hobbyist programmer interested in web development, CI/CD, open-source, and IOT. He also serves as a Programs Chair in the Folsom Network at Intel of African Ancestries (NIA) employee resource group. Aside from work, he’s a major fútbol and basketball fan and plays each sport whenever he gets the chance.
- This event has passed.
Accelerate FPGA Programming
February 24, 2021 @ 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Traditional FPGA programming models and hardware description languages are not intuitive to many software developers. And even if they are, using them for iterative algorithm development is time consuming. This webinar demonstrates how to streamline the process.
If you develop for field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), you’re likely familiar with the hours-long experience of running FPGA simulations, synthesis, and compilations during algorithm development.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Sign up for this session to learn how two free tools—the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit (Base Kit) and the Intel® FPGA Add-on for the oneAPI Base Toolkit —speed up programming of these flexible, reconfigurable devices, including:
- How the Base Kit enables functional verification through (1) quick emulation and (2) rapid performance tuning via report files prior to full bitstream compilation
- Developing a Hough Transform algorithm —a feature extraction method used in computer vision applications—using Data Parallel C++ (DPC++), a C++ based programming language included in the Base Kit
- The steps necessary to generate FPGA binaries
- Using the Intel FPGA Add-on tool to run a pre-compiled bitstream to observe the algorithm on real FPGA accelerator hardware
Get the software
The Intel FPGA Add-on is a complement to the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, a core set of tools and libraries for developing performant applications across diverse architectures.
- Download the Base Kit now for Windows, Linux, or macOS.
- Already have the Base Kit or just want the FPGA Add-on as a standalone? Download the Intel® FPGA Add-on for the oneAPI Base Toolkit here.
- Sign up for oneAPI FPGA training —online, instructor-led courses to help you build, optimize, and run your applications using oneAPI on FPGAs.
- Sign up for an Intel® DevCloud for oneAPI account—a free development sandbox with access to the latest Intel® hardware and oneAPI software.
- Explore oneAPI, including developer opportunities and benefits
- Subscribe to the POD—Code Together is an interview series that explores the challenges at the forefront of cross-architecture development. Each bi-weekly episode features industry VIPs who are blazing new trails through today’s data-centric world. Available wherever you get your podcasts.